Rename not Commonwealth Avenue to Erano Manalo Avenue

As the 2010 elections looms, the politicians’ desire to please the Iglesia ni Cristo becomes a priority.  Last year they want to change Commonwealth Avenue to Felix Manalo Avenue.  Bishop Antonio R. Tobias objected:

In a letter to Vice Mayor Herbert Bautista, Tobias pointed out that there are three “major” Roman Catholic churches — St. Peter Parish; Kristong Hari Paris and Sto. Nino de Leyte Shrine — situated along the avenue.

“To change the name of Commonwealth Avenue to that of Felix Y. Manalo would sacrifice the very history of our nation and the integrity of our city,” Tobias said in the letter that was also distributed to the 26 QC councilors.

Tobias urged the city council not to decide on the issue for the sake of “partisan interests of a specific minority”. (Manila Bulletin)

This year the politicians resurrected the idea again, after seeing the massive turnout of INC members in Commonwealth at the death of Erano Manalo, but this time to rename Commonwealth Avenue as Erano Manalo Avenue.  This politicians will never tire.  As Majority Leader Inton remarked after he withdrew his support to the last year’s proposal:

Pleasing the INC could be politically rewarding. But offending the Catholic church is political suicide. (Manila Bulletin)

Let Commonwealth Avenue be.  It is a fitting name since it is the road which connects Quezon Circle and Quirino Avenue.  When the Tydings-McDuffie Act or the Philippine Independence act was approved in 1934, a 10-year transition period to Philippine independence from the U.S. was defined.  This transition period was the government of the Commonwealth of the Philippines.   Manuel Quezon was the first president in the Commonwealth period from years 1935-1944.  Elpidio Quirino was the last vice president in 1946.  He was elected again as vice President under Manuel Roxas at the start of the Philippine Republic.  In 1948 Quirino became President.

Let Commonwealth Avenue be.  Quezon city was created during the Commonwealth period and replaced Manila as the Capital of the Philippines.  Remove the name Commonwealth Avenue from the map and replace it by another name and you remove the foundations of Quezon city.  Commonwealth gave birth to Quezon city; Manalo did not. Quezon City must honor its father and mother  (Commonwealth), so that its inhabitants may have long life in the land that the Lord has given them (c.f. Ex 20:12).  And as the Filipino proverb says:

He who does not know how to look back to where it came from can never reach where it wants to go to.

(Ang sinong hindi marunong lumingon sa kanyang pinanggalingan ay hindi makakarating sa kanyang paroroonan.)

Let Commonwealth Avenue be.

Note: A hobbit thanks to In Defense of the Church for the info.

Advertisements

About Quirino M. Sugon Jr
Theoretical Physicist in Manila Observatory

54 Responses to Rename not Commonwealth Avenue to Erano Manalo Avenue

  1. moisesysrael says:

    Naiintindihan ko naman ang paring yan, Pero ang hindi niya naiintindihan na napakaraming kalsada at yung iba ay bayan pa mismo na ipinangalan sa mga santo at santa ng Iglesia katolika (hindi pa nga Filipino ang mga ito) na hindi naman kami nagrereklamo.
    Eh di ibalik na rin ang dating pangalan ng Quezon City wildlife na ginawang Ninoy Aquino Wildlife Park.
    Siyempre ang nakikita nila dito ay Pulitika at hindi yung malaking nagawa ng Ka Erdy sa Sambayanang Filipino.
    Pero sa totoo lang hindi namin kailanman hiniling ang ganyan, hindi style ng mga INC ang mga panlupa na karangalan. Ng marinig nga namin yan marami sa mga kapatiran ang nagsabi na hindi na kailangan dahil may kulay pulitika na naman ang ganyan panukala.

  2. Quirino M. Sugon Jr says:

    Moises Ysrael, it was the Catholic Church that formed the Philippine nation. The religious missionaries organized our ancestors into towns and cities. This is why you will notice that most towns have a church and a town hall in front of a plaza. Since the missionaries are the ones who founded these places, then they have the right to name them or put them under the patronage of a saint. The maker names what he makes. Before the INC came to be, there was already the Catholic Church.

    If the INC constructed the Commonwealth Avenue, then INC has a right to name it according to an INC minister. So I say: build your own roads and name them as you please.

  3. laycarmelite says:

    “Hindi style ng INC ang mga panlupang karangalan”….Ow c’mon you must be joking. If that is true then why you have erected a monument of Felix Manalo in Taguig? Moreover, why not your ministers give their vocal opposition to proposal. This is hypocrisy to the highest level.

  4. Angel says:

    Please stop saying unfavorable remarks about Iglesia ni Cristo. We (INC) did not ask any government official to name any roads in our favor.

    If Councilor Ariel Inton suggested to the Quezon City council. It was his prerogative. Take note that Ariel Inton is a Catholic Church member. Thus, to any opposing party about his proposal talk to him to retract his proposal. All Councilors of Quezon City were also Catholic. Tell them to proposed a Cardinal Sin Avenue. We will not oppose. And to Laycarmellite, please stop your hypocrisy to the highest level because of envy!

  5. laycarmelite says:

    Hi Angel.

    What I stated is not from envy, you know. The ministers are indeed “hypocrites to the highest level”. You asked us saying unfavorable remarks about the INC when your ministers are continuously saying unfavorable remarks against the true Church of Christ (Catholic) using propagandas to suit their objectives.

    So what if Ariel Inton is a Catholic. The move has a color of politics involve. He did this on a pretense that he can obtain solid votes from the INC during 2010 elections if he plans to run again.

    How sure are you that INC did not ask any government official any favors which includes naming of roads? It is easy to say we did not because it is the press release of your ministers. =)

  6. BOBONG KATOLIKO says:

    Sa inyo na yang COMMONWEALTH AVENUE…
    kahit na ipangalan niyo pa sa santo okay lang… paki namin jan sa kalsadang yan……
    kulang na nga lang pati mga motel taz bar house ipanglan sa mga santo eh….
    Wag nga kayong inggetero, eh gusto nga nilang palitan ang name eh…… HININGI BA NG INC un????///?////??

  7. read me says:

    To Quirino M. Sugon Jr,

    I still do not understand why most of the catholics reaction to what the success on what INC achieve always have a negative comments and they always oppose it. WWWHHHHHHY????????

    So dont blame me if what i think a reason to this is because of a great envy… INC again, do not have any importance to it, about the road? about the holiday that the government dictates? Again, what i think about the reason why other politician wants to rename it is because of the great contibution of Ka erdy in the philippines, where the INC all started. SO whats wrong if they want the INC to again give a recognition? Yes. i agree to you, maybe the history of its road will be change BUT why then other happenings like this is just OKAY for catholics? like changing main roads for exam. to noynoy aquino, and etc? But if the INC gets involved in here, oh no, its a different talk to this.

    I just notice it of all i been visited, in blogs and sites of the catholics specially the C defenders, they always have this kind of article… tsk. tsk.

  8. Quirino M. Sugon Jr says:

    Readme,

    I am generally opposed to road-renaming, in general, because it is a form of arrogance and tyranny, especially if the names were already in use for several decades and has become part of our history. This is the reason why I also wrote here on this blog my opposition to the renaming of EDSA to Cory Aquino Avenue and the Bayani road to MRT (Marichu R. Tinga) Avenue. The better option is to let INC make the roads and name them as INC wishes it to be. But if taxpayer’s money are used to make the roads, and majority of the taxpayers are Catholics, the Catholics can voice their opposition to the naming and renaming of roads. If the essence of democracy is popular will, then politicians should do well to consider the will of the majority.

    Quirino

  9. read me says:

    ah, ok. well i respect your opinion. because that is your own opinion about that topic. But i just want to say that be open minded to what is the purpose or reason why that thing is needed. Not focus yourself to what you are only believing… every THING has its own purpose, for example, us, why do god created us? something like that… ^_^ So, the thing is, also do not mix your belief especially your source is mr. in defense of the church that we all know attacks the INC itself… again, do not let your belief influence your opinion, thats all.

    godbless.

  10. Quirino M. Sugon Jr says:

    Read Me,

    1. Why did God created us? The Catechism says:

    Art. 1. God, infinitely perfect and blessed in himself, in a plan of sheer goodness freely created man to make him share in his own blessed life. For this reason, at every time and in every place, God draws close to man. He calls man to seek him, to know him, to love him with all his strength. He calls together all men, scattered and divided by sin, into the unity of his family, the Church. To accomplish this, when the fullness of time had come, God sent his Son as Redeemer and Savior. In his Son and though him, he invites men to become, in the Holy Spirit, his adopted children and thus heirs of his blessed life.

    2. Belief should influence opinion. Otherwise, that would be hypocrisy, “for from the fullness of the heart the mouth speaks,” as Christ said (Mt 12:34).

  11. read me says:

    Sir,

    tnx for sharing it, but really i do not ask that… i just make that an example…^_^

    And again, if that’s whats your view in life, then go…
    but it really shows that the C defenders just want to debunk INC… because every achievement of inc, the C defenders always oppose it… please, stand up if youre right, and dont defend wrong…
    especially, again, your source is mr. in the defense of the church, that we really know that attacks INC to “”””DEFEND”””” CC doctrines, but what is the most of his posts about INC are just his opinions..

    I thought you are not bias, right? So, do what you think is good and do not do something just because for exam. that is your religion and etc..

  12. laycarmelite says:

    read me,

    what you wrote goes back to you. The history of INC really shows that it wants to debunk the Catholic Church. In your shows, in your magazines, all your topics are anti-thesis of the Catholic Church. In actuality, the INC is paralleling itself against the CC.

    Catholic defenders are up on their toes against you simply because of the errors and lies that your ministers perpetuates against the CC. The fallacies of your ministers in order to support their propaganda is very appalling and there are people who are not knowledgeable about their faith falls in their trap.

  13. read me says:

    Sir,

    ok i will again respect your opinion… But what history are you talking about? Do INC debunking the CC? or just exposing the truth behind the doctrines of the CC?

    We have diff. views in life, like INC, have diff. lets say doctrines if compared to the mainstream of christianity. But what INC’s exposes in your said shows and magazines is just what they/we believe thats why they oppose on it… and its normal… like arguing because INC have diff. belief to what CC believe… or MCGI vs. CC belief, LDS vs. Seventh day and etc…….

    and please do not make accusation that is only based on your opinion that is not a fact.. what kind of fallacies are you talking about? ok. never mind. it will be a long debate for this.^_^ that is off the topic..

  14. Quirino M. Sugon Jr says:

    Read Me,

    The INC is not sure whether what it teaches is true or not. If it is sure of the truth of its teachings, the INC would long ago have written its own Catechism or summary of its beliefs and the biblical justifications for such beliefs: these are the official teachings of INC which every INC member must believe to gain eternal life. But until now, I cannot find any. All INC websites that I found always have a disclaimer: “this is not the official INC website.” What is INC hiding? INC members who comment on this blog always tell me to visit an INC locale and talk with the ministers. It is easy to be mesmerized by smooth preaching, but if the arguments are written down and scrutinized, the strengths of the arguments can be pondered deeply and the false assumptions laid bare.

    I also heard that INC members are not allowed to read the Bible, even those translations used by INC ministers. This is surprising. Is this true?

  15. Iglesia ni Cristo is hiding its own teachings for the fear that by exposing them is a suicide attempt. Not even an official website to mention. READ ME’s own blog has no official proclamation of their teachings either. Like Mr. Conrad J. Obligacion (the author of RESBAK.COM) never had any official quotation from the management of the Iglesia ni Cristo (de Manalo). Obviously, they have none and they dont want to expose much of their own false teachings.

  16. kabutchpo says:

    Kahit po kami na mga Iglesia Ni Cristo ay hindi sang-ayon sa panukala na iyan. kahit kaylan ay hindi namin gagawin yang ganyang bagay na yan kaya kung sino man ang nag isip ng panukalang iyan ay… pls lang. leave us alone, we don’t need such kind of recommendation or what so ever. please mind your duty as public servant and not just to be a public figure. ayaw namin ng ganyang usapin….

    sa mga bumabatikos sa amin, ang tanong ko lang e bakit kami ? wala kayong naririnig sa amin na kahit na ano kahit magharang kayo ng mga santo sa karsada gaya sa ortigas at mang hingi ng pera sa gobyerno, sa pamamagitan pa ng sugal, (pagcor) na kahit kaylan ay di namin ginawa. pls think wisely at bumabalik lang sa inyo ang tuligsa ninyo.

  17. read me says:

    Quirino M. Sugon Jr ,

    ok. lets answer it one by one. okay, i can do this, i making nosebleed. haha (just a joke!) every religion has its own, ahm. lets say doctrines for exam. you said about the catechism, that’s for the catholic church, even LDS having their what you call Book of mormons, that they believe the bible is not enough or not so complete and etc… The question is, is it a great classification that having own catechism of one religion means what is written on it are all in truth? are all true? huh? the doctrines in the INC thought in doctrinal lessons.

    And “natawa ako” because you are saying about INC websites? Most of it is a work of Nonmembers who wants to debunk and attack the INC. because the fact that INC have no official website, and i think will not have one. Because they say that i think the web is not a place to preach and etc. If you want to have the truth in the INC, you can ask for assistance to the members for you to guide to join grand evangelical missions or doctrinal lessons and even ask something to the ministers what you want to know. DO you agree that the web having most are wrong informations or mislead datas? the best exam. is about the INC, try to type iglesia ni cristo on the web in any search engine and you will find blogs, sites, forums that is having twisted information about the INC, it is all about their opinion and not facts. that’s why i built my blog because of those, that i cant take that people have their bad impression to the INC because of the propagandas of the nonmembers.

    And INC does not hide something as you said. we just say that talk to our ministers or go to the locale nearest you, for you to know better about the INC, if your interested to know the TRUTH, i mean, TRUTH about the INC. We cannot answer all your questions not because we do not know inside INC but because the ministers is the one who study about the bible and etc. Not us! and also if we will answer other questions, maybe we will have mistakes because it is the ministers whom you will see if you want a complete answer.

    Like your opinion about us, that the ministers prohibits the members to read the bible? oh come on! thats the reason why the nonmembers attacks us. by having myths, allegations, accusations that are not so true. If you want to have the answer, why not attend just one worship service of the INC, then observe the brethren or ask them if they were prohibited to read the bible! hmmm. “natatawa na lang ako sa mga katulad nyo…” because you prove that you have such knowledge about the doctrines and even practices in the INC, but always attacks it. tsk.tsk.

  18. Mark Leon says:

    Mr. Sugon,
    It is very unfair of you to say that “the INC is not sure whether what it teaches is true or not.” Your proof for such allegation is that the INC “have [not] written its own Catechism or summary of its beliefs and the biblical justifications…” Why, Mr. Sugon, of course the INC is sure of what it teaches and sure as to its truthfulness, being solely based on the bible. We’re quite sure of it regardless of your dull effort to find INC’s official teachings. You said “all INC websites that I found…have a disclaimer.” Oh my, Mr. Sugon, you already saw disclaimers and therefore they are not INC Websites. Simple isn’t it. Since 1936 the Iglesia Ni Cristo is printing its official teachings and doctrines in a magazine called Pasugo God’s Message. Ask any member you know and he or she will gladly give you a copy or two, free of charge. So you’re afraid to talk to INC preacher fearing being mesmerized huh? You want it written down? This is one of the major teachings of the INC, The Father alone, is the one true God as Jesus had preached. Jesus said,” Father,… this is eternal life, that they may know thee the only true God…”(John 17:1,3). You want eternal life? Believe Jesus Christ! Believe that the Father alone is God. Apostle Paul believed Jesus Christ. Paul said,”For us there is only one God, the Father…”(I Cor.8:6). Seek and you will find, Mr. Sugon.
    You also “heard that INC member is not allowed to read the Bible,” You heard wrong Mr. Sugon. I in fact have several translations of the bible most of them Catholic versions. The INC has no bible translations.

  19. Quirino M. Sugon Jr says:

    Readme,

    Christ built his church on Peter the Rock and guaranteed that the gates of Hell shall not prevail against it (c.f. Mt 16:18). The Church, therefore, cannot teach falsehood; otherwise the Devil, the Father of Lies, has prevailed against the Church. Thus, you can be assured that there no doctrinal error in the Catechism, for the salvation of men depends on the truth.

    Centuries after the death of Christ, many gospels came out such as those of Thomas and Peter, though the contents of these gospels are not Catholic. So what the Catholic Church did was to gather the bishops in an ecumenical council (Council of Carthage 397) and define the canonical books in the Bible (because the Bible does not originally come with a table of contents). In a similar way, since there are many websites claiming to represent INC, the best thing for INC to do is to make an official or canonical website, so that INC members can easily compare their minister’s teachings with INC’s official teachings.

    I am glad that I stand corrected concerning the myth that INC members are forbidden to read the Bible.

  20. Quirino M. Sugon Jr says:

    Mark Leon,

    If that is your real name, then blessed are you. In Catholic iconography, St. Mark the Evangelist is drawn with a lion, because he opened his Gospel with a voice from the wilderness. In the wilderness live the wild beasts such as lions. St. Matthew is symbolized by a man, St. Luke by an ox, and St. John by an eagle. The man, lion, ox, and eagle are the four living creatures before the throne of God in Rev 4:6-8.

    Christians believe in the Holy Trinity: there are three Persons in one God. The Father is God. The Son is God. The Holy Spirit is God. But there is only one God. The Father is not the Son and the Son is not the Father. Neither of them is the Holy Spirit. They are three distinct Persons, but there is only one God. This is the Mystery of the Most Holy Trinity. This is difficult to understand but that is the truth God has revealed. This is the most fundamental belief. This is the reason why Catholics make the sign of the cross in the Name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. (c.f. Mt 28:19).

    Christians consider Christ as both true God and true man. Peter confesses that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of the Living God (Mt 16:16). The Son was begotten not made, therefore the Son must be of the same nature as the Father, i.e. Jesus the Son of God is God. “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God” (Jn 1:1). Jesus, the Word of God, is God. When Jesus appeared to Thomas and asked him to put his fingers on his side wounds and nail marks, Thomas said, “My Lord and my God” (Mt 20:28). Therefore, Jesus is God.

  21. Two INC members trying to stand up on their teachings but what are we arguing?

    For Catholics, we can argue on the official teachings of the Church which are very much available in the internet and in major bookstore in the Philippines and elsewhere in the world. Whereas the INC of M do not have any official website where people from outside the Philippines can go through it and argue its doctrines.

    To this date, they have been silent and the only way we can know their teachings are taken from wikipedia. And if wikipedia isn’t telling the truth why no INC challenge the facts being presented there?

    Simple. The reason why to this date, what was written in wikipedia so far will remain FACTS unless anyone could challenge its entries by counter submitting any evidence that could debunk those written in wikipedia.

    And because the INC of M cannot present any further proof, these facts will remain FACTS:

    That the INC of M is owned and managed by the Manalo clan and that it was registered as Corporation Sole in July 27, 1914.

  22. mark leon says:

    Mr. Sugon,

    I was really amazed how you use the bible. You quote a verse or verses and then concluded something not written on the very verse/s you have quoted. Revelation 4:6-8 do mention four creatures, but they do not in anyway mention nor point to Mark, Matthew, Luke and John as the four creatures. In fact the voice in the wilderness is not that of Mark, its John the Baptist. The same with Mt. 18:19. This verse does not anyway say that there are three persons in one God; much less justify making the sign of the cross. In fact making the sign of the cross, [i.e. by your right hand you make the sign of the cross first on your forehead] is not a sign of those who will be saved. (Rev. 14:9-11)

    Your claim that “Christians believe in the Holy Trinity: there are three Persons in one God.” is purely unbiblical. Can you cite verse/s in the bible stating this claim? Please try, because opinions and baseless claims should not be the basis in trying to attain salvation.

    You will find that in the bible TRUE CHRISTIANS believe in only one God. I’m sure you would agree with me that Saint Paul is a TRUE CHRISTIAN. He said, “For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as there are many gods and many lords), yet for us there is one God, the Father,… (I Cor.8:5-6). You will notice that I am quoting the bible and also telling you the same thing written on it. Without opinion! And that’s what I learned from the INC preachers.

    Mathew 16:16 says “Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of the Living God,” That’s right, but not “Jesus is the Messiah, God the Son.” You also quoted John 1:1 after which you concluded, “Jesus, the Word of God, is God.” John 1:1 does not say that Jesus is God in his state of being. Read it again please. “My Lord and my God” in Mt 20:28 is simply a mistaken utterance made by Thomas. Luke, in his narrative of the same event, tells us that the disciples also made the same mistake. They taught the risen Jesus was a spirit (Luke 24:37). God is a spirit (John 4:24). Christ corrected them by saying, “Why are you troubled? And why do doubts [Thomas was in doubt in Mat.20: 28] arise in your hearts? Behold My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself. Handle Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see I have.” (38-40).

    Finally, my friend, again, Jesus said, “Father, the hour has come… And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, …(John 17:1-3). In these verses, which you conveniently ignored commenting, Jesus said that the Father is the only true God. And you will agree with me that at this point Jesus is already the Son, right? But still, Jesus said the Father is the only true God. Since the Father is only the true God, and Jesus is not the Father, therefore Jesus, the Son, is not God.

    My knowledge of course about the bible is very limited, so I suggest you talk with our ministers, but don’t be mesmerized, just keep an open mind.

  23. read me says:

    Quirino M. Sugon Jr,

    So, is that your understanding with the verse Mt. 16:18? I thought you were good enough regarding the bible. Meaning as you said, whatever the CC dictates, commands, actions, added to the doctrines in the bible, the CC doctrines are still correct? because you said that the gates of hades will not prevail against the church? please understand first the true meaning of that verse before you conclude something. ok?^_^

    And what? CC will not contain any falsehood? or the teachings inside it? The question is, ARE the doctrines in the catholic church ARE ALL BASED on the bible? and not of the church fathers or any councils many years ago??

    [the best thing for INC to do is to make an official or canonical website]
    Ok. Another opinion, i will respect that. As what i said i think INC will NOT even have one official website. very simple, period. We do not have to compare anything and everything as what you said, as what we believe and trust doctrines that is in the bible taught through the ministers.

    [I am glad that I stand corrected concerning the myth that INC members are forbidden to read the Bible.]
    Are you glad that you are making your opinion unto the INC? what a shame! Again, i thought you were smart enough but i prove it wrong. Please do not make some myths that is only proven with your co-members, because it is clearly that you are a liar, saying about lies! tsk. tsk.
    not good for you.

  24. read me says:

    Catholic Defender,

    [For Catholics, we can argue on the official teachings of the Church which are very much available in the internet and in major bookstore in the Philippines and elsewhere in the world. Whereas the INC of M do not have any official website where people from outside the Philippines can go through it and argue its doctrines.]
    So? is that makes the catholic church THE TRUE CHURCH?? come on! the INC doctrines can be heard in the doctrinal lessons and by reading INC OFFICIAL MAGAZINE, okay?

    [That the INC of M is owned and managed by the Manalo clan and that it was registered as Corporation Sole in July 27, 1914.]
    There were no (INC of M) iglesia ni cristo of manalo? it was Iglesia ni cristo or in english Church of christ meaning the church was of christ and not of the rome, haha

    nice meeting you here^_^

  25. laycarmelite says:

    Mark Leon wrote:

    You will find that in the bible TRUE CHRISTIANS believe in only one God. I’m sure you would agree with me that Saint Paul is a TRUE CHRISTIAN. He said, “For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as there are many gods and many lords), yet for us there is one God, the Father,… (I Cor.8:5-6). You will notice that I am quoting the bible and also telling you the same thing written on it. Without opinion! And that’s what I learned from the INC preachers.

    My reply:
    Ang tanging ipinakikipaglaban po ng ating mga kaibigang INC defenders ay “Isa lang ang Dios”. Kaya’t hindi daw maaring Dios din si Hesus. Dito ay bibigyan po natin sila ng kaparehong diin.(1 Cor.8:6)”But to us there is one God,the Father,of whom are all things,and we in him;and”ONE LORD”Jesus Christ,”

    Isa lang ang Panginoon nangangahulugan ba ito na hindi na Panginoon ang Ama? Kung sinasabi nilang dahil isa lang ang Dios, at dahil dito’y di na maaring kilalaning Dios si Jesus. Paano po yan? Isa lang ang Panginoon eh di lalabas na di na panginoon ang Ama?

  26. laycarmelite says:

    read me wrote:

    And what? CC will not contain any falsehood? or the teachings inside it? The question is, ARE the doctrines in the catholic church ARE ALL BASED on the bible? and not of the church fathers or any councils many years ago??

    my reply:

    How did you know that the Scriptures that INC is using to base its belief is the TRUE Scriptures?

  27. laycarmelite says:

    read me wrote:

    So? is that makes the catholic church THE TRUE CHURCH?? come on! the INC doctrines can be heard in the doctrinal lessons and by reading INC OFFICIAL MAGAZINE, okay?

    my reply:

    Thank you for the info that what your PASUGO has written are official doctrine of the INC.

    read me wrote:

    it was Iglesia ni cristo or in english Church of christ meaning the church was of christ and not of the rome, haha

    my reply:

    Excuse me Romans 16:16 speaks of a plural church not a formal name of the church established by Christ. Acts 20:28 speaks of the church of God based on the original koine Greek. Unfortunately, the ministers use the Lamsa translation of Acts 20:28 which is a distortion of the original text.

    If you would insist to use the Lamsa version, may I remind you that Lamsa equates Christ and God as equal which goes against your doctrines.

  28. laycarmelite says:

    read me,

    In regards to the phrase “My Lord” and “My God” being an exclamation of surprise rather than an instance of direct address, do keep in mind that neither Koine Greek nor Jewish custom of the first century utilized vocatives (the case used in John 20:28). Simply put, the phrase “O my Lord! O my God!” wasn’t an expression of surprise or derogation in those cultures. But then again, the phrase is being addressed to Jesus himself, as our text clearly notes: “Thomas answered him” (i.e., Jesus). The rendering doesn’t say “Thomas answered”, which would have been one way to express surprise: i.e., “Thomas answered ‘O my Lord! O my God!” — That’s how you make the Greek phrase into an exclamation of surprise. Which, by the way, is not what the Greek is saying.

  29. Quirino M. Sugon Jr says:

    Mark Leon,

    1. I will set aside the problem of iconography since it is less important. You claim, by quoting Rev 14:9 that the sign of the cross is not the sign of those who will be saved but rather the sign of the Beast.. If you read Ez 9:1-11, you will see that God commands his angels to kill everyone without the sign of X on their foreheads. In ancient Hebrew the X is the letter Tav which is drawn as the Christian cross. From the Tav came from the Greek letter Tau which looks like the letter t.

    2. The phrase “Holy Trinity” cannot be found in the Bible but the idea is suggested there. Can you also tell me where in the Bible is the name “Felix Manalo”?

    3. I shall quote 1 Cor 8:5-6 in full: “for us there is one God, the Father, from whom all things are and for whom we exist, and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things are and through whom we exist.” As Catholic Defender argued, saying that the Father is the one true God does not necessarily mean that Jesus is not God in the same way as saying that Jesus is the one Lord does not mean that God the Father is not also Lord. Indeed, Jesus posed this question to the Pharisees:

    “What is your opinion about the Messiah? Whose son is he?” They replied, “David’s.”
    He said to them, “How, then, does David, inspired by the Spirit, call him ‘lord,’ saying: ‘The Lord said to my lord, “Sit at my right hand until I place your enemies under your feet”‘? If David calls him ‘lord,’ how can he be his son?” No one was able to answer him a word, nor from that day on did anyone dare to ask him any more questions. (Mt 22:42-46)

    Is the idea that Jesus is God the Son difficult to grasp? Since you quoted St. Paul, this is what St. Paul said :

    “Christ Jesus, Who, though he was in the form of God, did not regard equality with God something to be grasped. Rather, he emptied himself, taking the form of a slave, coming in human likeness; and found human in appearance, he humbled himself, becoming obedient to death, even death on a cross.” (Philppians 2:5-8)

    St. Paul’s words are plain: Jesus is God.

  30. Quirino M. Sugon Jr says:

    Read Me,

    Since you said that I misunderstood Mt 16:18, what is your understanding of it?

  31. [readme says “So? is that makes the catholic church THE TRUE CHURCH?? come on! the INC doctrines can be heard in the doctrinal lessons and by reading INC OFFICIAL MAGAZINE, okay?”]

    Unfortunately, your PASUGO or GOD’S MESSAGE official magazine do not reach many many parts of the world. If it reaches major cities of different nations, it could be limited only to your members mostly Filipino by decent. So what else can you offer than that?

    On the contrary, I think 9 out of 10 has the access of the internet. Didn’t you know that through the internet, much of your members in the INC of M came to know the news that the son of your founder, Erano Manalo died that everyone started pouring their sympahy via the internet for everyone to know they’re grieving?

    isn’t it that you are proclaiming your (false) teachings using FACEBOOK and other social networks with the intention that many people and individual right inside the privacy of their homes could have the access to your message to spread your (false) teachings?

    Now tell me, which is more efficient and global, your PASUGO or the internet? Unless you are hiding something from the scrutiny of many intelligent people who are ready to challenge your apologists…

    Oh, BTW, since PASUGO is your OFFICIAL NEWSMAGAZINE, I can’t help but to quote one of your publications confirming the Catholic Church as Christ’s true Church…

    (PASUGO Abril 1966, p. 46: Ang Iglesia Katolika na sa pasimula ay siyang Iglesia ni Cristo.” [The Catholic Church in the beginning was the true Church of Christ])”

    No one can hide the truth. From your own official magazine comes the confirmation

  32. Adele says:

    Yes, the Catholic Church was the true Church of Christ but it is also the one that turned away from the true teachings of Lord Jesus Christ and His Apostles… The change of its name is one of the unquestionable proof..

    Peace!

  33. Quirino M. Sugon Jr says:

    Adele,

    Peace!

    Not all those who call themselves the Church of Christ is the true Church of Christ. Both the INC and the Mormons call themselves the Church of Christ. And there are still many others. Name alone cannot cannot distinguish a genuine Levi’s jeans from the fake. You have to look at the buttons, the stitches, the weave. Similarly, name alone does not distinguish the true Church of Christ from the fake. You have to look at four things: the true Church of Christ is one, holy, catholic (universal), and apostolic.

    The Catholic Church is one because it has unity of doctrine as expressed in the Catechism of the Catholic Church; the INC cannot even have its own website where it publishes its official teachings. The Catholic Church has produced saints–a Mother Teresa or a St. Aquinas; the INC cannot name one. The Catholic Church is universal in space (can be found around the world) and time (has existed since the time of Christ); the INC is now present in many countries, but it only begun in 1914. And the Catholic Church is apostolic: if you trace the spiritual lineage of the bishops by knowing who ordained who, you can trace it to one of the Apostles. Pope Benedict XVI, for example, is the 265th successor of the Bishop of Rome, the Apostle Peter. Felix Manalo cannot trace his apostolic lineage because he invented his own church.

  34. Billy Ray says:

    I am an INC member to begin with. I just think this is of no big deal. Let Commonwealth Ave. be Commonwealth Ave. It really doesn’t matter. Medyo natawa lang ako sa reaksyon ni Bishop Tobias na kelangan pa nya sulatan isa isa ung mga city councellors. Anyway, just like my other kapatids wrote here, INC member really doesn’t care about the name of the avenue. Panuorin nyo ung news file ng ABSCBN at GMA sa youtube about renaming the Central Ave to Erano Manalo Ave… it received a cold response from INC members, and you know why? Because it really doesn’t matter for us. And why do we have this mentality, kasi ito ung tinuro ng mga leaders namin. And sino nagturo nito sa mga ministers ng INC, no other that Ka Erdy. So better stop making issues with this. Kalye lang yan mga bro. Its sad to know na nagsasagutan kayo just because of this. And to my brethrens here, let them say whatever they want to say. We know ourselves, we know our church, we know our leaders. Its pointless arguing with them. Yun lang guys. Personally, ayokong ipangalan ang commonwealth ave kay ka erdy. Why? kasi, commonwealth ave., aside from its historical background, ay associated sa mga car accidents, traffic jams, holdups, takbuhan ng mga may ginawang masama sa lipunan, magulo, maingay, madilim. And i hope, wala naman magoppose sa idea ko na to. Naming an avenue doesnt need to devide people. Nakakahiya. Why not discuss how you can help yung mga pulubi and out of school youth na nakatira sa commonwealth ave?Or how we can make commonwealth ave a safe road para sa mga motorist? or give feedback kung anu pa dapat gawin to improve housing situation sa commonwealth avenue. Ang daming mas productive na topic, na baka pag nabasa ng governement officials natin e makatulong sa kanila. Kaya di umuunlad ang Pilipinas e. Be openminded, wag makulong sa mga lumang idea at paksa. Be sensitive enough sa feelings ng iba. If you think may nagawang masama sayo yung isang tao, thne react properly. Golden rule: pagbinato ka ng bato, batuhin mo ng tinapay. Religion pa naman ung isang napapaksa dito sa blog na to then ganyan ang mga statements. I really dont think this is proper. Again, pangalan lang yan ng kalye. Change it or not, walang mararamdaman ung kalye. Pero kayo ano? pinapainit nyo mga ulo nyo. Hope you guys got my point. Thanks!

  35. laycarmelite says:

    Billy Ray,

    For us Catholics, wala naman problema sa amin in regard to Christians of other denomination if they are of good will, intellectually honest and still believe in objective truth. However, your leaders are not that kind.

  36. blackshama says:

    If tCommonwealth is renamed as Erano Manalo Avenue, then I would support the renaming of Taft Avenue to Aglipay Avenue. Bishop Aglipay of the Independent Church has more to do with the cause of Philippine Independence than Erano Manalo of the INC.

    However the fact that the national temples of these two religious groups stand on Taft and Commonwealth Avenues is still not enough reason to change their names.

  37. Billy Ray,

    Kaya nga raw gustong ipangalan kay Ka Erdy yung daan kasi nga ganon kalaswa ang reputasyon.
    My two cents…

  38. Carlito Buban says:

    Sa iyo Chruch Defender Kuno.

    ano namang kalaswaan ang sinasabi mo iho?

    Alam natin at aminin mo na sana ang katotohanan na talaga namang envy o Inggit ka lamang at naiinis ka na bakit sa dinami dami ng mga namatay na Cardinal ng pilipinas bakit hindi sila binigyan ng ganitong pagpapahalaga ng mga namumuno sa ating bayan? at mismong karelihiyon ninyo pa ang nagsasagawa ng ganitong hakbang na sabi mo nga isang malaking kahihiyan sa panig ninyo.

    Aminin mo na kasi na inggit ang nagtulak sa iyo para mangatwiran ng ganito. Hayann mong bahaginan kita ng mga natutunan ko ng umanib ako sa Iglesia.

    ang Inggit ay isa sa mga pinakamalalang kasalanan na magagawa ng tao sa mundo. Ang ugaling ito ang nagtulak kay Satanas upang kalabanin ang Diyos at naging dahilan upang itapon siya dito sa lupa. Kung babalikan mo ang kasaysayan ng bawat Digmaan sa ibat-ibang panig ng mundo, Inggit din ang karaniwang pinagmumulan nito. Hindi nyo alam na mga katoliko iyon kasi nilikha kayo sa isang relihiyon na ang mga aral at alituntunin ay gawa lang lang ng tao, katunayan pati diyos na pinaglilingkuran ninyo gawa rin ng tao. Kung pag-aaralan mo ang bawat aspeto ng mga aral na sinasampalatayan ninyo makikita mo na ultimo ang Likas na kalagayan ng ating Panginoon Jesus binago rin at pinagkaisahan sa Kredo sa Nicea (Nicean Creed)

    Kontrobersyal pa nga ang naging pinal na desisyon nito dahil sa ang nagbigay ng hatol kung ano ba dapat talaga ang maging pagkilala ng simbahang katoliko kay Jesus ay isang Emperador samakatuwid hindi isang Pari.

    (Sana bigyan mo ng panahon na iresearch ito.)

    Hindi ako lumiligwak sa isyu ng pagpapalit ng pangalan ng Commonwealth, nais ko lang sanang masagot yung mga isyu na nabasa ko prior dito sa mga huling pahayag mo.

  39. Quirino M. Sugon Jr says:

    I would like to request everyone to write in English. Thank you.

  40. There are things that CANNOT be translated to English– the Iglesia ni Cristo®. It is a Registered Trademark so it should be retained that way.

    That’s the reason why Mr. Buban find it hard to speak the English language.

  41. shin sawada says:

    Just one thing, if the name of the church is registered the securities and exchange commission then it is not the ‘true church’ founded by our Lord Jesus Christ 2000 years ago. The funny thing is that INC members claim that Felix Manalo is an ‘angel’ why Jesus Christ is ‘only a man.’ Does it mean that Manalo is more powerful than Jesus Christ?? That’s so stupid!

    Acts 9:31 “Ho men EKKLESIA KATAHOLOS ho Ioudaia kai Galilaia kai Samaeria”

  42. blackshama says:

    Ito lamang ang maitatanong ko sa INC. Si Felix Manalo ay nabasa ng Bibliya at ang kulong sa silid. Paano tayo makakasiguro na si Gn Manalo ay “sugo ng Diyos”? May nakasaksi ba nang si Gn Manalo ay itinuring na “sugo ng diyos”? Aba eh nagkulong a rin ako sa aking silid at nagbasa ng Bibliya tulad ng marami, wala naman sa amin ang naging “sugo ng Diyos”!!!!!

    [This is what I can ask the INC. Felix Manalo read the Bible in his room. How then can we be sure that Mr Manalo is the “messenger of God?” Many people like me have read the Bible alone in our room but none of us claim we are the “messenger of God”!!!!!

    Ikumpara natin si San Pedro at si Kristo. Si San Pedro ay saksi sa mga pangyayaring isinlalaysay sa San Mateo 16:18

    “At sinasabi ko rin sa iyo: IKAW AY PEDRO. Sa ibabaw ng batong ito ay itatayo ko ang aking iglesiya. Hindi makakapanaig sa kaniya ang tarangkahan ng Hades. Ibibigay ko sa iyo ang mga susi ng paghahari ng langit. Anuman ang iyong tatalian sa lupa ay tatalian sa langit. Anuman ang iyong kalagan sa lupa ay kakalagan sa langit.”

    [Let’s compare this to St Peter and Christ. St Peter witnessed this episode told in the Gospel of Matthew.

    “I say to you. YOU ARE PETER. And upon this rock I will build my Church. The gates of Hades will not prevail over it. I will give to you the keys to the kingdom of Heaven. Whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven. Whatever you release on earth will be released in heaven”]

    Alam natin na si Pedro ay ang pundasyon ng tunay na Iglesia. Ang kapangyarihan ng pagiging pinuno ng Iglesiya ay binigay ni Kristo kay Pedro lamang at hindi ng Bibliya!

    [We know that Peter is the foundation of the true Church. The authority to lead the Church on earth was given to Peter only by Christ only and not the Bible]

    Ang tunay na Iglesia ay itinayo sa Apostol Pedro. Ito ay ang Iglesia Katololika lamang!

    [The true Church is founded on Peter and that is none other than the Catholic Church!]

  43. EX- LEGION OF MARY says:

    “mapalad ang mga inuusig sa pangalan ko pagkat sakanya ang kaharian ng diyos” dapat alam mo yan sabagay sa katoliko walang mga pang uusig pag kat peke ang religion na yan alam mo dati akong KATO-LIKO grave ang mga pinag gagawa nyo pati mga utos sa bible pinalitan nyo sobrang sama ng religion na yan sorry ha pero un ang term talaga eh look diba sabi wag kayong mananalangin ng paulitulit eh bakit kayo nag rorosarry nasa bible ba yan wag kayong sasamba sa mga diyos diyosan eh bakit may mga imahen at rebulto kayo parang naalala ko nung nag aaral ako ng elementary sa KATO-LIKOng paaralan bakit kayo nag tatanda sa noo diba sabi rin na wag kayong mag sipagtangap ng tanda sa inyong mga noo ay malapit na pala ang ash wensday ng mga KATO-LIKO marami nanaman taung makikitang mga tao na may tanda sa noo na kung ituring sa bible ay anti cristo hehehehe

  44. EX- LEGION OF MARY says:

    to blackshama GAWA 20:28 ROMA 16:16 ano basahin mo ha KAHIT KELAN WALA PA AKONG NAKITA SA BIBLE NA SALITANG IGLESIA KATO-LIKO

  45. EX- LEGION OF MARY says:

    PARA SA MGA KATO-LIKO ALAM NAMIN NA INGIT LANG KAYO SA PINAPAKITANG EFFORT NG GOVERMENT PARA SA AMING MAHAL NA IGLESIA ALAM NYO KAHIT NA CARDINAL SIN OR WHAT SO EVER ANG PINGALAN SA KALSADA NA YAN OK LANG SAAMIN DAHIL PANG LUPA LANG YAN AT SA KAPATIRAN HINDI NAMIN HINAHANGAD YAN MGA GANYANG BAGAY HINDI TULAD SA KATO-LIKO LAHAT NG BAGAY SINISILIP WALANG PAG MAMAHAL SA KAPATID WALANG PAGKAKAISA KAHIT KELAN HINDI PA NAKITA NG MADLA NA NAG KAISA ANG MGA KATO-LIKO SA MGA ADHIKAIN NITO ANY WAY NADAAN LANG NAMAN AKO GUSTO KO SANANG PAALAM SAINYO NA MULA PAG KABATA KATOLIKO AKO AT NAGING MEMBER AKO NG MGA SAMAHAN SA KATOLIKO KAYA ALAM KO NA MGA UGALI NG TAO JAN LALO NA PAG ADTING SA PERA SALAMT SA MGA NAGBASA
    ANGELO 15 M QC

  46. laycarmelite says:

    Ex-Legion of Mary wrote:
    “mapalad ang mga inuusig sa pangalan ko pagkat sakanya ang kaharian ng diyos” dapat alam mo yan sabagay sa katoliko walang mga pang uusig pag kat peke ang religion na yan alam mo dati akong KATO-LIKO grave ang mga pinag gagawa nyo pati mga utos sa bible pinalitan nyo sobrang sama ng religion na yan sorry ha pero un ang term talaga eh look diba sabi wag kayong mananalangin ng paulitulit eh bakit kayo nag rorosarry nasa bible ba yan wag kayong sasamba sa mga diyos diyosan eh bakit may mga imahen at rebulto kayo parang naalala ko nung nag aaral ako ng elementary sa KATO-LIKOng paaralan bakit kayo nag tatanda sa noo diba sabi rin na wag kayong mag sipagtangap ng tanda sa inyong mga noo ay malapit na pala ang ash wensday ng mga KATO-LIKO marami nanaman taung makikitang mga tao na may tanda sa noo na kung ituring sa bible ay anti cristo hehehehe

    My reply:
    I think you don’t know the meaning of persecution and you are not up to date as to what is going on around the world. Do you think we are persecuting you because we are answering your illogical reasoning? That is a very stupid feeling.

    The so-called “persecution” that you are encountering is in no way compared to the real persecution Catholics around the world are experiencing.

    In India, thousands of Catholics are persecuted literally by Hindus and Catholic Churches are being desecrated.

    in Vietnam, the properties of the Catholic Church is being taken away by the government.

    In China, Catholics are practicing their faith undergound and Catholic churches are being razed down to the ground.

    You are living in tralala land. Wake up. In reality the INC is the one persecuting us because of perpetrating lies taken from cut and paste quotations to propagate their agenda.

  47. laycarmelite says:

    Ex-Legion of Mary wrote:
    to blackshama GAWA 20:28 ROMA 16:16 ano basahin mo ha KAHIT KELAN WALA PA AKONG NAKITA SA BIBLE NA SALITANG IGLESIA KATO-LIKO

    My reply:

    Excuse me, the Bible was written in Koine Greek, thus your name is only found in translation not in the ORIGINAL text. Moreover, Acts 20:28 in Koine Greek when translated is Church of God and NOT Church of Christ as translated by Lamsa. The Lamsa Bible is a mistranslation. Romans 16:16 speaks of a plural name not a PROPER name.

    Sorry, your argument fails.

  48. laycarmelite says:

    Ex-Legion of Mary wrote:
    PARA SA MGA KATO-LIKO ALAM NAMIN NA INGIT LANG KAYO SA PINAPAKITANG EFFORT NG GOVERMENT PARA SA AMING MAHAL NA IGLESIA ALAM NYO KAHIT NA CARDINAL SIN OR WHAT SO EVER ANG PINGALAN SA KALSADA NA YAN OK LANG SAAMIN DAHIL PANG LUPA LANG YAN AT SA KAPATIRAN HINDI NAMIN HINAHANGAD YAN MGA GANYANG BAGAY HINDI TULAD SA KATO-LIKO LAHAT NG BAGAY SINISILIP WALANG PAG MAMAHAL SA KAPATID WALANG PAGKAKAISA KAHIT KELAN HINDI PA NAKITA NG MADLA NA NAG KAISA ANG MGA KATO-LIKO SA MGA ADHIKAIN NITO ANY WAY NADAAN LANG NAMAN AKO GUSTO KO SANANG PAALAM SAINYO NA MULA PAG KABATA KATOLIKO AKO AT NAGING MEMBER AKO NG MGA SAMAHAN SA KATOLIKO KAYA ALAM KO NA MGA UGALI NG TAO JAN LALO NA PAG ADTING SA PERA SALAMT SA MGA NAGBASA
    ANGELO 15 M QC

    My reply:
    Your arguments don’t have any substance. Anyway, the real reason is political. The politicians are after the bloc voting of INC.

  49. Cenon Bibe says:

    Good day to everyone.

    The INC member Mark Leon is protesting a statement made by Brod Quirino.

    Mark Leon said, “It is very unfair of you to say that “the INC is not sure whether what it teaches is true or not.”

    I recently received confirmation that INC members do not regard the Lord Jesus Christ as their Shepherd. They proudly proclaim that their “One Shepherd” is their founder Felix Y. Manalo.

    You may verify this information by watching this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Rme4Qn5W1k&NR=1 specifically at the marker 2:15 mins:

    In this video, a minister of the INC, Jose Ventilacion, proclaims that they believe that “there shall be ONE SHEPHERD, that SHEPHERD is Bro. Felix Manalo NOT Jesus Christ.”

    I believe Mr. Ventilacion’s declaration is well accepted by INC members.

    INC members confirmed that belief in my blog: http://tumbukin-natin.blogspot.com

    Incidentally, may I invite all of you–Catholics and non-Catholics, alike–to visit my blog and see for yourself the candid discussion between me, Catholics and members of the INC.

    Thank you and may God bless us all.

    Cenon Bibe Jr.

  50. jojit says:

    to ALL OF YOU GUYS,

    first i want to apologize because i am a nose bleeder(T_T) i dont want to post a comment coz of that, I cant taake it anymore, but I think you can understand what I am writing here in this blog.

    Actually this is not from all of you, this is for those people whose mind is close. GUYS YOUR NOT A PERFECT, TRY TO SEEK THE TRUTH, hahaha started from commonwealth avenue renaming to erano g manalo is thentopic right. I do believe that this is not INC-head minister will of asking to that politician to change it. its just councilor ariel iton want to get the votes of INC members. I am sure after he won the election. this propaganda will stop. hahaha POLITICIANS will do everything for the sake of position in the government.

    MR SUGON, are you filipino? or living in the philippines? if not.
    i therefore conclude(toinks) MR SUGON your accusasion about renaming of that commenwealth is the will of INC is defeneathly WRONG. i I am a filipino and residing here in the philippines, and 30 of age, know more the about the politics here,

    your wrong about the topic of this blog. your attacking a wrong person..

    simple! why dont you accuse the politician suggested to rename that road.

    hmmm are a priest MR SUGON. well i hope not!!!!

    oh w8 im not am INC member but a was baptized in catholic, but im sure im not a catholic too. i hate both religions. sorry guysssss

  51. Humility says:

    Why is it everywhere I read here INC members shows their sour-loser characteristics. It’s a pity that these people always treats religion like a competition. It’s just a waste of time trying to make them understand. Time will tell, that they were duped.

    And these politicians that crave for INC’s block voting really disgusts me, they are just like dirty rodents bringing in shame to our country. They even proposed to change the name Commonwealth ave, a national road that is. Guys, what to ponder is what can we do help this nation. It’s already rotten to the core, Religion, Morality, Politics. It’s spreading like cancer..

    Anyway I respect INC as well as other religious sect, but INC mind you, try to respect other sect also. NO..YOU HAVE TO RESPECT THEM! IF YOUR GROUP IS WHAT IT CLAIMS TO BE. EDUCATE YOUR MEMBERS, THEY ACT LIKE BARBARIANS MOST OF THE TIME. Sorry about that, but it’s what I’ve observed.

  52. george says:

    I support the Call of government officials for naming the road to “ka Erdy” . Its a welcoming actions and as citizen of this country, I’ am so proud that our country are moving on reconciliations and healing the wounds of the past.

    To the people working behind this actions specially to President Arroyo, I thanked you! Keep it up!

    Catholic Administration must answered all accusations and review all priest and bishops in the Philippines who committed CRIMES and SINS against our people. Instead of INTERVENING to the government.

  53. What reconcilliation are you talking about? Did any of the Manalo’s reconciled with the Catholic Church? To this day, your anti-Catholic teachings are still written in your list of teachings and that you deem to “save” all Catholics to Iglesia ni Cristo™.

    If there are some people who benefited from the Manalo’s? Its the iglesia ni Cristo members. Their housing projects are all for their own members so what’s there to honor a man who sow hatred and bigotry against the Catholic Church?

    I am so proud that I don’t belong to your cult and that I am in the real Church of Christ, the Catholic Church says your PASUGO

    PASUGO Abril 1966, p. 46: ” Ang Iglesia Katolika na sa pasimula ay siyang Iglesia ni Cristo.”

  54. ken says:

    sino ba ung erano manalo na yan??????????????????????? anu bang nagawa nya sa pilipinas??? ah alam ko na!!! marami syang ipinanalong pulitika!!! mga hipokrito! buti si cardinal sin may nagawa…pinatalsik ang mga marcos eh yang patay gutom na manalo na yan sinuportahan ang mga marcos eh!!! gago talaga mga pulitiko ngayon!!! wag nyo ngang binibigyang karangalan ang mga taong walang silbi at nilayo ang maraming tao sa tunay na iglesia!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: