Archbishop Jesus A. Dosado of Ozamiz City: his writings on Summorum Pontificum and the Tridentine Mass
May 16, 2009 Leave a comment
Archbishop Dosado has been pictured as an opponent of the traditional latin mass. But a survey of the titles of his writings on this mass reveals his deep knowledge of Benedict XVI’s thoughts on the liturgy and his desire to implement them in his diocese. “I always pride myself in being one of the first to read and implement directions and directives from the Holy See,” Archbishop Dosado said.
Here is the list of his writings from CBCP News:
- February 28, 2007: Direction of the Eucharist, Do not remember the date Rumor that the “Latin” Mass will be restored
- After Summorum Pontificum: The veil and the return of the Mass of Pope John XXIII
- After Summorum Pontificum: Explanation of the Motu Proprio
- July 11, 2007: Comparison between the Novus Ordo and the Mass of John XXIII
- July 11, 2007: Pope Benedict and the return of the Latin Mass
- August 1, 2007: Mass of John XXIII part of our identity
- August 7, 2007: Explanation of the Mass of John XXIII and the Mass of Paul VI.
- August 8, 2007: Further Explanation of the Masses of John XXIII and Paul VI
- August 16, 2007: To restore the dignity of the celebration of the Mass, the purpose of Pope Benedict the Sixteenth for the Summorun Pontificum
- August 29, 2007: Further comparison between the Masses of John XXIII and Paul VI
- September 5, 2007: So-called objections against the old style of celebrating the Mass
- November 11, 2007: Liturgical Music; December 26, 2007
- The Pope Benedict the Sixteenth on Gregorian Chant
- December 31, 2007: Vatican II, Liturgical language and Gregorian Chant
- January 9, 2008: Liturgical Music and Gregorian Chant
- February 12, 2008: Catholic Identity and Latin; March 9, 2008: The direction of the Eucharist -1
- March 16, 2008: The direction of the Eucharist – 2; April 22, 2008: Candles on the altar.
- May 25, 2008:Church Renewal, purpose of Summorum Pontificum.
- December 8, 2008: Pope Benedict the Sixteenth and old liturgical vestments
- Catechesis at any time: Mutual enrichment between the two forms.
I hope somebody can send me the bishop’s actual writings in Cebuano and their translations for posting in this blog.
Archbishop Dosado said that he is waiting for a request from a stable group of Latin mass parishioners and he will grant them their request. So to the Latin Mass lovers in Ozamiz City, ask and you shall receive, seek and you shall find, knock and the door shall be opened to you.