Posts Tagged ‘necrophilia’
Lady Gaga’s concert in the Philippines has sparked a new controversy on whether Catholic teaching on the four last things–death, heaven, hell, and purgatory–still makes sense on the modern world. It appears, however, that modern Atheistic Western Civilization cannot make its own values; it only proposes an idea opposite to what the Catholic Church teaches, as we can deduce from the ideas espoused by the Filipino Freethinkers. The Church proclaims the light of the world who is Christ. The Filipino Freethinkers proclaim the shadow of that Light. So the Filipino Freethinkers can do nothing but object to the Ten Commandments, and in doing so they form their own Ten Commandments:
- There is no God. Science has explained everything. I define what is right and wrong for me, and I don’t care what is right and wrong for you. As long as we don’t hurt each other, everything is fine.
- You can use the name of God in vain and make fun of him. He does not exist anyway. (Insert blasphemy here). The right to freedom of expression is protected by the Constitution.
- Sunday is just one of the days in the week. Sunday is not the time for going to mass but for shopping or playing sports or watching concerts.
- We honor our hominid ancestors via evolution and we thank Darwin for breaking our bonds with Adam and Eve. Mother and father are discriminatory labels. That should be parent 1 or parent 2, since both parents may be of the same sex. Actually, the proper term should be couples, because couples does not imply a child. Marriage is only for sexual union, and a child is an unnecessary burden which can be avoided through contraception and abortion.
- The aim of each human being is to live life to the fullest. Those who live an unsatisfactory life do not have the reason to live, so they must be killed. Thus, abortion, suicide, and euthanasia are ok, especially for the unborn, the infirm, disabled, the disfigured, and other useless members of the society.
- Marriage is not a sacrament but a contract between two parties, which can be revoked anytime. Adultery, concubinage, and fornication are natural relationships like marriage. Homosexuality, pedophilia, bestiality, and necrophilia should not be discriminated by bigots.
- There is no such thing as private property and fruits of personal labor. The government owns everything and I am the government.
- It is ok to lie in order to protect one’s self-interest.
- I want your wife. I want your husband.
- I want whatever you have.
Sen. Santiago may be brilliant senator but not a Catholic theologian. She rants:
“I am not afraid to die but I’m afraid that there might be no sex after death. I have thought and thought about the matter and have reached the conclusion that yes, there’s sex after death but you cannot feel anything,” she said to laughter.
If one reads the Bible, Jesus was asked a similar question:
“Teacher, Moses said, ‘If a man dies 16 without children, his brother shall marry his wife and raise up descendants for his brother.’25Now there were seven brothers among us. The first married and died and, having no descendants, left his wife to his brother.26The same happened with the second and the third, through all seven.27Finally the woman died.28Now at the resurrection, of the seven, whose wife will she be? For they all had been married to her.
This is what Jesus replied:
”You are misled because you do not know the scriptures or the power of God.30At the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage but are like the angels in heaven.
No marriage, no honeymoon in heaven. Angels do not engage in sex, because they were instantly created by God before the world began. There are no male and female angels. Angels don’t get pregnant and have a baby angel. Baby angels only appear in iconography as heads with wings. They have no bodies because they are disembodied spirits. They have faces because they are persons. They have wings because they can move from one place to another with the speed of thought. So Miriam is wrong: there is no sex after death, even after the the resurrection of the dead when the bodies are united with the spirit.
The only angelic beings who engage in sex are demons: the Succubus and Incubus. Succubus appears not in the bible but in medieval folklore: they are demons who appear as beautiful women in order to have sex with men. Their male demon couterparts are the Incubus (a bad name for a musical band).
There is also sex after death in the form of necrophilia, such as when a man rapes the body of a woman who died. Miriam is right: the woman will not feel anything.