Posts Tagged ‘Moses’
Today is the Feast of the Holy Innocents. In this feast we remember the many children who were killed not only by Herod during the time of Christ, but also the many babies born and unborn who were slaughtered through the birth control policies of Pharoah, Kissinger, and Obama. Now, with the passage of the RH Bill into a law which promotes contraceptives that prevent the implantation of the fertilized ovum on the uterine walls, we can also put Pres. Noynoy Aquino on the list of the birth control autocrats of history.
1. Herod at the Birth of Christ
In this feast we remember the children ages 2 and down who were slaughtered by Herod for fear of a new born king of the Jews who will overthrow Herod’s power:
When Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea, in the days of King Herod, 2 behold, magi from the east arrived in Jerusalem,2saying, “Where is the newborn king of the Jews? We saw his star 3 at its rising and have come to do him homage.”3When King Herod heard this, he was greatly troubled, and all Jerusalem with him.4Assembling all the chief priests and the scribes of the people, he inquired of them where the Messiah was to be born. 45They said to him, “In Bethlehem of Judea, for thus it has been written through the prophet:6′And you, Bethlehem, land of Judah, are by no means least among the rulers of Judah; since from you shall come a ruler, who is to shepherd my people Israel.’”7Then Herod called the magi secretly and ascertained from them the time of the star’s appearance.8He sent them to Bethlehem and said, “Go and search diligently for the child. When you have found him, bring me word, that I too may go and do him homage.”…
When they had departed, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream and said, “Rise, take the child and his mother, flee to Egypt,7 and stay there until I tell you. Herod is going to search for the child to destroy him.”14Joseph rose and took the child and his mother by night and departed for Egypt.158 He stayed there until the death of Herod, that what the Lord had said through the prophet might be fulfilled, “Out of Egypt I called my son.”16When Herod realized that he had been deceived by the magi, he became furious. He ordered the massacre of all the boys in Bethlehem and its vicinity two years old and under, in accordance with the time he had ascertained from the magi. (Mt 2:1-16)
2. Pharoah at the Birth of Moses
In this Feast we also remember the Israelite babies who were killed by Pharoah for fear of the growing number of Israelites in Egypt. Pharaoah tried several approaches to birth control for the Israelites: (1) forced labor and slavery, (2) killing of male babies born by midwives, and (3) throwing of male babies into the Nile River. Below is a detailed account:
Then a new king, who knew nothing of Joseph,* rose to power in Egypt.9He said to his people, “See! The Israelite people have multiplied and become more numerous than we are!10Come, let us deal shrewdly with them to stop their increase;* otherwise, in time of war they too may join our enemies to fight against us, and so leave the land.”
11Accordingly, they set supervisors over the Israelites to oppress them with forced labor.d Thus they had to build for Pharaoh* the garrison cities of Pithom and Raamses.12Yet the more they were oppressed, the more they multiplied and spread, so that the Egyptians began to loathe the Israelites.13So the Egyptians reduced the Israelites to cruel slavery,14making life bitter for them with hard labor, at mortar* and brick and all kinds of field work—cruelly oppressed in all their labor.
15The king of Egypt told the Hebrew midwives, one of whom was called Shiphrah and the other Puah,16“When you act as midwives for the Hebrew women, look on the birthstool:* if it is a boy, kill him; but if it is a girl, she may live.”17The midwives, however, feared God; they did not do as the king of Egypt had ordered them, but let the boys live.18So the king of Egypt summoned the midwives and asked them, “Why have you done this, allowing the boys to live?”19The midwives answered Pharaoh, “The Hebrew women are not like the Egyptian women. They are robust and give birth before the midwife arrives.”20Therefore God dealt well with the midwives; and the people multiplied and grew very numerous.21And because the midwives feared God, God built up families for them.
22Pharaoh then commanded all his people, “Throw into the Nile every boy that is born,e but you may let all the girls live.” (Ex 1:8-22)
3. Kissinger and the NSSM 200
NSSM 200 is the National Security Study Memorandum 200: Implications of Worldwide Population Growth for U.S. Security and Overseas Interests (NSSM200). It was written in 1974 under the leadership of Henry Kissinger. This report is the basis of the policies of many US Presidents from Ford to Obama. Below are the salient provisions as summarized in Wikipedia:
“The U.S. economy will require large and increasing amounts of minerals from abroad, especially from less developed countries [see National Commission on Materials Policy, Towards a National Materials Policy: Basic Data and Issues, April 1972]. That fact gives the U.S. enhanced interest in the political, economic, and social stability of the supplying countries. Wherever a lessening of population pressures through reduced birth rates can increase the prospects for such stability, population policy becomes relevant to resource supplies and to the economic interests of the United States. . . . The location of known reserves of higher grade ores of most minerals favors increasing dependence of all industrialized regions on imports from less developed countries. The real problems of mineral supplies lie, not in basic physical sufficiency, but in the politico-economic issues of access, terms for exploration and exploitation, and division of the benefits among producers, consumers, and host country governments” [Chapter III-Minerals and Fuel].
“Whether through government action, labor conflicts, sabotage, or civil disturbance, the smooth flow of needed materials will be jeopardized. Although population pressure is obviously not the only factor involved, these types of frustrations are much less likely under conditions of slow or zero population growth” [Chapter III-Minerals and Fuel].
“Populations with a high proportion of growth. The young people, who are in much higher proportions in many LDCs, are likely to be more volatile, unstable, prone to extremes, alienation and violence than an older population. These young people can more readily be persuaded to attack the legal institutions of the government or real property of the ‘establishment,’ ‘imperialists,’ multinational corporations, or other-often foreign-influences blamed for their troubles” [Chapter V, "Implications of Population Pressures for National Security].
“We must take care that our activities should not give the appearance to the LDCs of an industrialized country policy directed against the LDCs. Caution must be taken that in any approaches in this field we support in the LDCs are ones we can support within this country. “Third World” leaders should be in the forefront and obtain the credit for successful programs. In this context it is important to demonstrate to LDC leaders that such family planning programs have worked and can work within a reasonable period of time.” [Chapter I, World Demographic Trends]
“In these sensitive relations, however, it is important in style as well as substance to avoid the appearance of coercion.”
4. Obama and Planned Parenthood
Here is a short story about the long love affair of Obama and the world’s largest abortion provider Planned Parenthood. The excerpt below is from Life News:
- President Obama voted against the Born Alive Infant Protection Act four times, horrifyingly voting against protecting babies who survived abortion and voting in favor of leaving them to die. A vote against this legislation was a vote for infanticide. [Source]
- On his third day in office, President Obama repealed the pro-life “Mexico City Policy.” By doing this, President Obama made groups that perform and promote abortion eligible for U.S. foreign aid funds. [Source]
- Planned Parenthood’s funding jumped from 33% to nearly 50% – over $487 million in taxpayer funding now goes to the abortion giant (under Obama and his administration). This is almost half a billion dollars that American families are forced to pay in tax dollars to the nation’s largest abortion provider, Planned Parenthood. [Source]
- President Obama refused to sign an emergency budget, putting funding the military at risk, until Planned Parenthood funding was included in the budget. This was following Live Action’s Sex Trafficking investigation, showing Planned Parenthood aiding and abetting the sex-traffickers of underage girls. [Source]
- The president has pushed for his “pet legislation,” The Affordable Care Act (ObamaCare), which would help fund “community health centers” (Planned Parenthood is their prime target). Additionally, the HHS mandate would force all Americans to fund abortion and contraception, with no exceptions for religious institutions or religious individuals who are vehemently against abortion and contraception. [Source]
5. Pres. Noynoy Aquino and the RH Bill (Law?)
In his 2012 State of the Nation Address, Pres. Aquino said:
I have great faith in Secretary Luistro: Before the next year ends, we will have built the 66,800 classrooms needed to fill up the shortage we inherited—of this, we expect 40,000 for this year. The 2,573,212 backlog in chairs that we were bequeathed will be addressed before 2012 ends. This year, too, will see the eradication of the backlog of 61.7 million textbooks—and we will finally achieve the one-to-one ratio of books to students.
We are ending the backlogs in the education sector, but the potential for shortages remains as our student population continues to increase. Perhaps Responsible Parenthood can help address this.
The cat is out of the bag: for PNoy, the reason why there is a backlog of classrooms is because of rise in student population. PNoy’s solution is simple: responsible parenthood to decrease the number of babies born. In other words, birth control. That was in July 2012. In December 2012, he pushed the ratification of the RH Bill which would teach sex education from Grade 5 to High School. The bill would also make condoms and other contraceptives more accessible through subsidies from the National Government at taxpayer’s expense.
Who is behind this? PNoy is just a puppet: though he takes the main credit as the actor, the one behind the scenes are writing the script. And that script is the NSSM 200 state policy:
”Third World” leaders should be in the forefront and obtain the credit for successful programs. In this context it is important to demonstrate to LDC leaders that such family planning programs have worked and can work within a reasonable period of time.”
There are many ways for the US to coerce a Least Developed Country (LDC) like the Philippines to accepting family planning programs. One way is by tying the program’s implementation to increase in financial aid and investments. The other way is to use abortion providers(Likhaan and Planned Parenthood) and contraceptive manufacturers (pharmaceutical firms) to lobby for the passage of national family planning programs such as the RH Bill. Many senators and congressmen made it appear that they were bought to the idea of birth control through the RH Bill, but in the process they sold themselves and their country for 30 pieces of silver. Actually, they cannot anymore withstand the pressure from US and PNoy who are hell-bent in getting the RH Bill approved. A lunch with PNoy made many congressmen change their votes to YES to RH Bill. The threat of expulsion from the Liberal Party, with the 2013 elections as backdrop, silenced even the Bill’s strongest critics. And there is a pork barrel awaiting the executive’s butcher knife.
PNoy sent the RH Bill as a battering ram against the gates of Congress and Senate and the walls of the two institutions collapsed. PNoy now holds the Judiciary on his left hand, and the Congress and Senate on his right hand. There is now a new form of Philippine government: the PNoy autocracy. Render unto PNoy what PNoy wants. Or else.
With a government like this, more birth control programs are on their way to keep the population in check, to lessen dissent against the autocracy: Divorce, Euthanasia, and Homosexuality. All these are related to the RH Bill:
- Divorce. If contraceptives become more available and the youth are taught how to use them through sex education, then there is no more reason to get married, because the youth can get the pleasure of the marriage bed without tying marriage knot. And the husbands and wives who are married would see no more reason for marriage if their neighbor’s wife and husband is prettier or sexier. Then people clamor for the approval of the Divorce Law.
- Homosexuality. And why would restrict the pleasures of the marriage bed to heterosexual couples. If they use contraceptives, their sexual intercourse remains sterile. This does not differ from the homosexual intercourse which is also sterile. Then the people would clamor for the approval of Anti-Discrimination Laws to make Homosexuals have the same right to marriage as heterosexual couples. In all these, no children are born or if there are, they are too few to mention–products of accidents of contraceptive failures–and most of them are out of wedlock. The Philippine population plummets.
- Euthanasia. Without children, there is no one to take care of the old. The old becomes a liability to the government: senior citizens get pensions and medical care without doing work. So if the government can think that the solution to classroom shortage is by planned parenthood, then there will be similar response to the problem of the aged: kill them off through euthanasia or make them continue to work past retirement age until they die. By the sweat of their brow the aged must eat.
Another good research. But how reliable is “google”? You mentioned that Catholic Catechism quoted biblical verses. Can you give me the exact verses that we should worship idols, graven images and statues? That Christ is God in the bible? There’s Trinity in the Bible?
The Trinity is a truth deduced from the Bible and from the testimony of those who heard the apostles:
Then Jesus approached and said to them, “All power in heaven and on earth has been given to me.19 h Go, therefore,* and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the holy Spirit,20 i teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you.* And behold, I am with you always, until the end of the age.” (Mt 28:18-20)
The ‘truth’ that Felix Manalo’s INC is foretold in the Bible is a ‘truth’ deduced by Manalo. So if you ask me to search for the word “Trinity” in the Bible, I shall also ask you to search for “Felix Manalo” in the Bible. Remember the words of Christ: “I came in the name of my Father, but you do not accept me; yet if another comes in his own name, you will accept him.” Unlike Christ, Felix Manalo came in his own name for no one sent him except his deluded self, and he twisted the Scriptures in order that they prophesy his coming, leading many in INC astray.
Read it from ReadMe himself:
Straight from the pasugo, here it is:
Ordination is the investiture of ministerial or sacerdotal function through the laying on of hands. The first ordination mentioned in the bible was when Moses laid his hands on Joshua to be his successor.
Moses, however, had no need of anyone to ordain him because his commissioning was mandated by God himself—this is also why Bro. Felix Manalo had no need to be ordained. No man has the right to ordain another unless he is sent by God to preach his words(Rom.10:15). Bro. Felix Manalo was directly appointed by God through the prophecies recorded in the bible fulfilled in him.
Through prophecy, God commissioned his chosen servant from the “ends of the earth” refers to the period of when Judgment day is near signified by the outbreak of the First World War on July 27,1914. (Mt. 24:3,33,6-8). God chose Bro. Felix Manalo to proclaim his righteousness which is the gospel of salvation (Rom. 1:16-17). Concomitant with this right to preach was the authority for him to ordain would-be ministers.
From Pasugo September 1999
This is what the verse in Mt 24:4 says: “See that no one deceives you.5 For many will come in my name, saying, ‘I am the Messiah,’ and they will deceive many.6 You will hear of wars 5 and reports of wars; see that you are not alarmed, for these things must happen, but it will not yet be the end.7
Does that verse refer to Felix Manalo? Did he come in the name of Christ, saying he is the messiah, and in doing so deceived many?
No one is ordained from mere prophecy alone. Moses was sent directly by God from the burning bush (Ex 3:10). David was ordained king by Samuel pouring oil on his head (1 Sam 16:13). Jesus was also baptized by John (Mk 1:9; Lk 4:18). No one directly ordained Manalo–as INC claims. Is Manalo greater than Moses, David, and Jesus?
pls make a post about the ‘prophet’ mention in John 1:19-21.
I know its out of the main topic of this thread/post, but please do. please.
catch me at: http://1ltmatya-muhammadinthebible.blogspot.com/
pls comment there
Dr. Jamal Badawi has written a piece entitled, Muhammad in the Bible. He claimed the Prophet mentioned in Deut 18 was Muhammad. Let us look at the verse:
2 “A prophet like me will the LORD, your God, raise up for you from among your own kinsmen; to him you shall listen.16 This is exactly what you requested of the LORD, your God, at Horeb on the day of the assembly, when you said, ‘Let us not again hear the voice of the LORD, our God, nor see this great fire any more, lest we die.’17
And the LORD said to me, ‘This was well said.18 I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their kinsmen, and will put my words into his mouth; he shall tell them all that I command him.19 If any man will not listen to my words which he speaks in my name, I myself will make him answer for it. 20 But if a prophet presumes to speak in my name an oracle that I have not commanded him to speak, or speaks in the name of other gods, he shall die.’ (Deut 18:15-20)
But the Christian Bible does not mention Muhammad. The Prophet is Christ, for Christ said:
I came in the name of my Father, but you do not accept me; yet if another comes in his own name, you will accept him.44How can you believe, when you accept praise from one another and do not seek the praise that comes from the only God?45Do not think that I will accuse you before the Father: the one who will accuse you is Moses, in whom you have placed your hope.46For if you had believed Moses, you would have believed me, because he wrote about me.47But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe my words?” (John 5:43-47)
Moses is gave the law from God to the Israelites. The prophet like Moses should also be an Israelite. Jesus, unlike Muhammad, is an Israelite. Muhammad did not come to perfect the law of Moses. Jesus came to perfect the law of Moses. And this is seen in many examples:
- Greatest commandment. “Teacher, 21 which commandment in the law is the greatest?”37He said to him, 22 ”You shall love the Lord, your God, with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.38This is the greatest and the first commandment.39The second is like it: 23 You shall love your neighbor as yourself.4024 The whole law and the prophets depend on these two commandments.” (Mt 22:36-40)
- Law against divorce. Some Pharisees approached him, and tested him, 4 saying, “Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for any cause whatever?”45 He said in reply, “Have you not read that from the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female’5and said, ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’?6So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore, what God has joined together, no human being must separate.”76 They said to him, “Then why did Moses command that the man give the woman a bill of divorce and dismiss (her)?”8He said to them, “Because of the hardness of your hearts Moses allowed you to divorce your wives, but from the beginning it was not so.9I say to you, 7 whoever divorces his wife (unless the marriage is unlawful) and marries another commits adultery.” (Mt 19:3-9)
- Law against adultery. You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’28But I say to you, everyone who looks at a woman with lust has already committed adultery with her in his heart. (Mt. 5:27-28)
- Law against murder. ”You have heard that it was said to your ancestors, ‘You shall not kill; and whoever kills will be liable to judgment.’2217 But I say to you, whoever is angry 18 with his brother will be liable to judgment, and whoever says to his brother, ‘Raqa,’ will be answerable to the Sanhedrin, and whoever says, ‘You fool,’ will be liable to fiery Gehenna. (Mt 5:21-22)
- Feeding of the Multitudes. One of his disciples, Andrew, the brother of Simon Peter, said to him,9″There is a boy here who has five barley loaves 6 and two fish; but what good are these for so many?”10Jesus said, “Have the people recline.” Now there was a great deal of grass 7 in that place. So the men reclined, about five thousand in number.11Then Jesus took the loaves, gave thanks, and distributed them to those who were reclining, and also as much of the fish as they wanted.12When they had had their fill, he said to his disciples, “Gather the fragments left over, so that nothing will be wasted.”13So they collected them, and filled twelve wicker baskets 8 with fragments from the five barley loaves that had been more than they could eat.14When the people saw the sign he had done, they said, “This is truly the Prophet, 9 the one who is to come into the world.” (Jn 6:8-14).
- Jesus is the true Bread from Heaven. I am the bread of life.49Your ancestors ate the manna in the desert, but they died;50this is the bread that comes down from heaven so that one may eat it and not die.51I am the living bread that came down from heaven; whoever eats this bread will live forever; and the bread that I will give is my flesh for the life of the world.”52The Jews quarreled among themselves, saying, “How can this man give us (his) flesh to eat?”53Jesus said to them, “Amen, amen, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you do not have life within you.54Whoever eats 19 my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him on the last day.55For my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink.56Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me and I in him.57Just as the living Father sent me and I have life because of the Father, so also the one who feeds on me will have life because of me.58This is the bread that came down from heaven. Unlike your ancestors who ate and still died, whoever eats this bread will live forever.” (Jn 6:48-58)
Moses went up the mountain to God. Then the LORD called to him and said, “Thus shall you say to the house of Jacob;4tell the Israelites: You have seen for yourselves how I treated the Egyptians and how I bore you up on eagle wings and brought you here to myself.5Therefore, if you hearken to my voice and keep my covenant, you shall be my special possession, dearer to me than all other people, though all the earth is mine.61 You shall be to me a kingdom of priests, a holy nation. That is what you must tell the Israelites.” (Ex 19:3-6)
- Institution of the New Covenant. While they were eating, Jesus took bread, said the blessing, broke it, and giving it to his disciples said, “Take and eat; this is my body.”27Then he took a cup, gave thanks, 16 and gave it to them, saying, “Drink from it, all of you,28for this is my blood of the covenant, which will be shed on behalf of many for the forgiveness of sins.2917 I tell you, from now on I shall not drink this fruit of the vine until the day when I drink it with you new in the kingdom of my Father.” (Mt 26:26-29)
- Jesus as the High Priest of the New Covenant. When every commandment had been proclaimed by Moses to all the people according to the law, he took the blood of calves (and goats), together with water and crimson wool and hyssop, and sprinkled both the book itself and all the people,20saying, “This is ‘the blood of the covenant which God has enjoined upon you.’”21In the same way, he sprinkled also the tabernacle 16 and all the vessels of worship with blood.2217 According to the law almost everything is purified by blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness.2318 Therefore, it was necessary for the copies of the heavenly things to be purified by these rites, but the heavenly things themselves by better sacrifices than these.24For Christ did not enter into a sanctuary made by hands, a copy of the true one, but heaven itself, that he might now appear before God on our behalf.25Not that he might offer himself repeatedly, as the high priest enters each year into the sanctuary with blood that is not his own;26if that were so, he would have had to suffer repeatedly from the foundation of the world. But now once for all he has appeared at the end of the ages 19 to take away sin by his sacrifice.27Just as it is appointed that human beings die once, and after this the judgment,28so also Christ, offered once to take away the sins of many, 20 will appear a second time, not to take away sin but to bring salvation to those who eagerly await him. (Hebrews 9:19-28)
Are u a Catholic? If u are, is Jeremiah Book also included in ur Bible? If yes, we know u believe that Jesus died for our sin, but, can u explain this verse, Jeremiah 31:29-31, w/c says that ‘everyone must die for their own sin’??
One more, u said “Mohammed never talked with Moses and Elijah.” (August 30, 2010, in this thread), well well . . . didn’t u know that Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) once lead a prayer with the previous prophets behind him (pbuh)? Wew! Careful with ur words buddy.
Posted by Quirino M. Sugon Jr on July 5, 2011 at 8:53 pm
Thanks for the correction. I don’t read the Quran. I won’t argue with you on the Quran. Let just talk about the Bible.
If you were thrown overboard on a ship and you do not know how to swim, you shall surely sink and die. Now, in case somebody throws you a rope to pull you out of the water, you can only be saved if you hold on to the rope. But if you still do not hold on to the rope, you shall surely sink and die.
The salvation offered by Christ through his death is the rope of salvation. Those who cling to Christ and believe shall be saved. Those who refuses to cling to Christ shall die on their own sins and suffer the fires of hell.