Atty. Jo Imbong for Senator: Pro-family, pro bono, pro-Ateneo
NAME: Atty. Jo Imbong
POLITICAL PARTY: Ang Kapatiran
- Born in Malaybalay City, Bukidnon of Ilocano parents.
- Married to lawyer, Manuel B. Imbong. They have eight children.
- University Counsel and a Lecturer of the University of Asia andthe Pacific.
- Faculty Member of the Ateneo de Manila University and the Konrad Adenauer Center for Journalism.
- Head ofthe Legal Office of the Catholic Bishops’ Conference of the Philippines
- Consultant to the CBCP’s Episcopal Commission on Family and Life, and the Office on Women
- Trustee of the Alliance Against Pornography
- Executive Director of the Family Media Advocacy Foundation
- Writer for the CBCP Monitor
- Member of the International Bar Association Media Law Committee.
For her pro bono work in the Family Rights advocacy, Atty. Jo as she is fondly called, is a recipient of the Fr. Paul B. Marx Pro-Life Award from Human life International, and the Blessed Pedro Calungsod Pro-Life Award from His Eminence, Ricardo Cardinal Vidal.
In 2001, she founded Abay Pamilya Foundation, an association of parents and families working for women’s and family rights. In the women’s rights circuit, she is currently Vice- Chair of Professional & Cultural Development for Women Foundation, a private voluntary organization engaged in the training and formation of working women and homemakers.
Today, her passion for pro bono work has inspired her to enter new corridors of advocacy—the Philippine Senate. She believes that the totality and awesome powers of the State are there simply to serve life, family, motherhood, children, progeny, and the common good—“not the other way around.”
Source: Ang Kapatiran Party